Skip to main content

Please find a list of frequently asked questions below. If you have a question that has not been addressed below, please contact our office for further information on (08) 9528 8888 or [email protected].

It is only a pre-requisite to hold a blue / white card for Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Control courses (including refreshers). 


Yes a blue card is still considered valid and can continue being used if you have one. Both blue and white cards are accepted by the regulatory authority as evidence that safety induction training has been completed. Blue & white cards have now been given no expiry date. The only instance an employer may not accept a blue card is if there is a site-specific requirement to hold a white card (as it is more current).

Unfortunately not. Although blue cards are still considered valid, the issuance of new / replacement blue cards is no longer allowed. If your blue card is lost, you will need to complete a white card.

Yes, a replacement certificate or wallet card can be issued at a cost of $30 + GST each. Please contact our office to organise your replacement. If you require a replacement Worksafe licence card, please contact Worksafe WA directly for a re-issue on 1300 307 877.

Down to Earth Training & Assessing offers a large number of nationally recognised units and qualifications as well as some non-accredited courses. Please visit our web site to view our courses and scope of registration:

From January 1st 2015 it became a requirement to provide your USI number to a registered training organisation (RTO) when completing any nationally recognised accredited training in order to obtain your certification. Down to Earth will be unable to issue certification to you until we have successfully received & verified your USI number. To avoid delays in receiving your certification, we recommend you bring your USI number to all courses. If you don’t have a USI number, you can apply for one via the USI web site prior to your course:

Some courses have pre-requisites (eg. age requirements, holding an existing ticket or licence, completion of pre-course material etc). If you do not meet the requirements at the time of course commencement, unfortunately you will not be allowed to sit the course. Please check the pre-requisites on our web site or on your course confirmation to verify if your course has any pre-course requirements.

If you are completing a Worksafe high-risk course, you are required to be at least 18 years of age. For non-Worksafe courses, please check the pre-requisites on our web site for any age restrictions or other pre-requisite requirements.

If you complete a high-risk course with us, a Worksafe application form & the relevant fee will need to be sent off to Worksafe WA in order to obtain your high risk licence card. This is mandatory for all High-Risk courses. The processing of your Worksafe application is included in Down to Earth’s Worksafe application fee, or alternatively you can elect to pay for and send off your own Worksafe application yourself.

High-risk courses we offer include Dogging, Rigging (Basic through to Advanced), Scaffolding (Basic through to Advanced), Forklift, Elevated Work Platform and Crane courses. These are delivered regularly at our premises, but can also be delivered on-site.

Once Worksafe WA have received the application paperwork from our office, it usually takes 6-8 weeks to receive the high risk licence card. Worksafe WA post licence card directly to applications, so this will be sent to the address you list on your application form. If after 6-8 weeks you still haven’t received your high risk card, please contact Worksafe WA licensing services on 1300 307 877.

Certification is posted out as soon as the invoice is settled in full (please allow time for processing of paperwork).