RIIWHS205E - Control Traffic With A Stop-Slow Bat
LEARN HOW TO CONTROL TRAFFIC IN THIS FAST GROWING INDUSTRY!
Our 2-day Traffic Control course will enable participants to safely control traffic with a stop/slow bat in accordance with Main Roads WA requirements to achieve the RIIWHS205E competency outcomes. This course is appropriate for those working in operational roles at worksites within the civil construction, resources and infrastructure industries.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Purpose of traffic control
- Traffic control risks
- Situations that require traffic control
- Public relations and personal aspects
- Releasing stopped traffic
- Drivers who disobey directions
- Approach speed
- Placement of signs
- Features of a stop/slow bat
- PPE requirements
- Traffic control setup
- Priority vehicles
- Two-way radios & communication techniques
- Pre-start procedures
- Emergency scenarios
- Packing up the worksite
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for RIICOM201E Communicate in the Workplace, RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures, and a Main Roads WA approved statement of attainment and wallet card for RIIWHS205E Control Traffic with a Stop/Slow Bat. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
It is a requirement of Main Roads WA that your TC ticket be refreshed every 3 years if you are continuing to work in this field.
Enrol In The RIIWHS205E Competency Today
Upskill at one of Perth’s premier registered training organisations and receive a nationally recognised RIIWHS205E accreditation. To enrol, add this course to your cart now. If you would like to find out more about our RIIWHS205E competency course, please contact us today or feel free to give us a call on (08) 9528 8888.
The requirements to qualify for the RIIWHS205E - Control Traffic with a Stop/Slow Bat include
- Must hold valid driver’s licence (learner’s permits and moped licences not accepted)
- Must hold white card (blue card also accepted)
- Must hold USI number (visit http://www.usi.gov.au/ to apply for one)
- Please bring photo ID - driver licence
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time
- Please wear hi-vis long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots. You will be refused entry to the course if you fail to wear the correct clothing
- Must have good verbal, reading and writing skills (see learner support)
- Please bring a bottle of water and hat/wet weather gear for outdoor practicals
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.