DTE's Traffic Course Package
LEARN HOW TO MANAGE & CONTROL TRAFFIC IN THIS FAST GROWING INDUSTRY!
Our two day traffic management and traffic control course includes:
- Blended pre-requisite theory (complete online)
- Day 1 Classroom Traffic Management
- Day 2 Classroom Traffic Control
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Glossary of industry terms
- Legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Traffic management plans
- Site conditions and approval
- Traffic tapers, cone spacing, roadworks and speed signs, 3m work rule, speed limits, placement of signs, allowances, road classifications
- Dimension D
- Worksite daily diary
- Purpose of traffic control
- Traffic control risks
- Situations that require traffic control
- Public relations and personal aspects
- Releasing stopped traffic
- Drivers who disobey directions
- Approach speed
- Placement of signs
- Features of a stop/slow bat
- PPE requirements
- Traffic control setup
- Priority vehicles
- Two-way radios & communication techniques
- Pre-start procedures
- Emergency scenarios
- Packing up the worksite
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a Main Roads WA approved statement of attainment and wallet card for RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace, RIIWHS201D Work Safely and follow WHS policies and procedures, RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with a Stop/Slow Bat, RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan. These are nationally recognised units of competency.
These units of competency do not expire, but it is a requirement of Main Roads WA that your BWTM & TC ticket be refreshed every 3 years if you are continuing to work in this field.
- Must hold valid driver’s license (learners permits and moped licenses not accepted)
- Must hold white card (blue card also accepted)
- Must hold USI number (visit http://www.usi.gov.au/ to apply for one)
- Please bring photo ID
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time
- Please wear hi-vis long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots on both days
- You will be refused entry to the course if you fail to attend in the correct clothing
- Must have good verbal, reading and writing skills (see learner support)
- Please bring a bottle of water and hat/wet weather gear for outdoor practicals
Units of Competency
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace (blended)
- RIIWHS201D Work Safely and follow WHS policies and procedures (blended)
- RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with a Stop/Slow Bat (classroom)
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan (classroom)
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.