MEM05050B Perform routine gas metal arc welding
LEARN HOW TO MIG WELD!
ALL METAL WELDING COURSES ARE SUBJECT TO COURSE NUMBERS PLEASE CALL DTE FOR DETAILS
This Nationally recognised course in Basic Gas Metal Arc (MIG) Welding course covers preparing the materials and carrying out routine gas metal arc welding. The skills attained can be applied in a maintenance or manufacturing environment where the welding is not required to meet an Australian standard or equivalent. Fillet and butt welds would typically be performed on low carbon/mild steels.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Site requirements and information
- Preparing materials for welding
- Hazards in welding and preventative measures
- Welding equipment and consumables
- Welding symbols
- Weld positions
- Operating principles and process variables
- Minimise and rectify weld distortion
- Heating and cooling
- Testing techniques
- Weld procedures
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for MEM05050B Perform Routine Gas Metal Arc Welding. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots. PPE will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if preferred
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.