MEM05019D Weld using gas tungsten arc welding process
EXPAND YOUR TIG WELDING SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
ALL METAL WELDING COURSES ARE SUBJECT TO COURSE NUMBERS, PLEASE CALL DTE FOR DETAILS
This nationally recognised course covers Intermediate Gas Tungsten Arc (TIG) Welding course covers the preparation, positioning, fixing, and manual welding techniques associated with general trade level welding using gas tungsten arc welding equipment. It includes the selection and set up of the equipment appropriate to both the material and the weld to be performed, carrying out the GTAW to prescribed standards, and examining for and correcting defects, in a range of welded fabrications.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Site requirements and information
- Preparing materials for welding
- Hazards in welding and preventative measures
- Welding equipment and consumables
- Welding symbols
- Weld positions
- Operating principles and process variables
- Minimise and rectify weld distortion
- Heating and cooling
- Testing techniques
- Weld procedures
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for MEM05019D Weld Using Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Process. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots. PPE will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if preferred
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
- Pre-requisite units (must bring evidence of completion of these units):
- MEM05049B Perform Routine Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- MEM05051A Select welding processes (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM05052A Apply safe welding practices (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM18001C Use hand tools (DTE pre-course booklet)
- MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations (DTE pre-course booklet)
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.