RIIVEH305E Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
LEARN HOW TO OPERATE AND MAINTAIN A 4WD VEHICLE
This nationally recognised course covers the operation and maintenance of four-wheel drive vehicle. It includes identifying four-wheel drive specific terms, terminology and techniques, planning for minimal environmental impact, performing pre-departure checks, using the features of a four-wheel drive vehicle to drive in a variety of terrain types, and performing maintenance and minor repairs on four-wheel drive vehicles. This course is generally delivered near Balcatta.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Identify four-wheel drive specific terms, terminology & techniques
- Plan for minimal environmental impact
- Perform pre-departure checks
- Use four wheel drive mode
- Use a single snatch strap to recover a vehicle
- Perform maintenance & minor repairs on four-wheel drive vehicles
- Operate a jack to support a 4WD on unstable ground
- Apply correct breaking techniques according to terrain
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for RIIVEH305E Operate and maintain four-wheel drive vehicle. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (ability to climb in/out of vehicle, physical work etc.)
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
- Must hold & provide evidence of a valid Western Australian Manual C-Class Drivers License
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.