RIICCM202D Identify, locate and protect underground services
SAFELY IDENTIFY, LOCATE & PROTECT UNDERGROUND SERVICES PRIOR TO WORKS
This nationally recognised course covers the critical safety aspects of identifying, locating and protecting underground services and utilities prior to the commencement of works on site. The course is designed for participants who may come into contact with services such as water, power, gas, oil, communications, drains, stormwater or sewerage in their daily work duties.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Hazard identification and controls
- Isolation and site requirements
- Select, check and use tools and equipment
- Identifying types of location devices
- Obtain details of service and utility locations
- Contacting service owners
- Search for services or utilities
- Moving, protecting and supporting services
- The 4 P’s of excavation
- Clearing the work area
- Checking, storing and maintaining equipment
- Reporting and record keeping
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for RIICCM202D Identify, Locate and Protect Underground Services. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Down to Earth would like to thank C.R.Kennedy Survey Solutions for their support and use of their equipment for this course.
Down to Earth uses and recommends the use of Leica detection systems for the location of underground services.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.