CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT PRIOR TO UNDERTAKING CONSTRUCTION WORK
This nationally recognised course is designed for people who work in or wish to enter the construction industry. The White Card replaces the previous construction induction tickets (eg. Blue Card, Green Card and Red Card ). A mandatory work, health and safety training requirement before undertaking any construction work this course aims to enhance awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Definition of construction work
- OHS/WHS legislative framework
- Identification of hazards and risks, and implementation of control measures
- Consultation and communication
- Construction industry knowledge and terminology
- Understanding workplace signage
- Accidents, incidents and emergency response
- Site safety
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.