CPCCDE3015A Remove friable asbestos
LEARN HOW TO REMOVE FRIABLE ASBESTOS IN 2 DAYS!
This nationally recognised course covers the practical skills and theoretical knowledge required to remove friable asbestos containing material (ACM), Learn how to prepare, enclose and remove friable ACM in a purpose-built simulated training environment. Gain knowledge and skills of decontamination and disposal requirements for either domestic, commercial or demolition site work.
At no time during training will anyone be exposed to asbestos.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Introduction and Legislation
- Preparing for asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- Enclose removal site
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Carry out decontamination process
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- Practical training in wearing PPE, setting up exclusion zone, constructing a bubble, removing asbestos, wrapping asbestos, decontaminating your PPE, and removing the bubble and other PPE
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for CPCCDE3015A Remove Friable Asbestos. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must bring 2 forms of ID (1 x photo ID, 1 x other ID). Photo ID may include drivers licence, passport, proof of age card. Non-photo ID may include credit card, bank card, medicare card
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. physical work)
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: https://www.usi.gov.au/
- A copy of the Code of Practice to Safely Remove Asbestos
- Disposable coveralls, P2 mask, glasses, gloves & boot covers required to complete the practical training at no extra charge
- You will also be shown other equipment relevant to this type of work
- Tea, coffee and biscuits at our training site
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.