Confined Space Training Perth
LEARN HOW TO ENTER & WORK IN CONFINED SPACES
Complete the RIIWHS202E - Enter and Work in Confined Spaces competency at Perth’s premier registered training organisation. Our 1-day confined space training course covers the critical safety aspects of entering and working in confined spaces. Many employers require this course as a pre-requisite for jobs in mining, construction, logistics and engineering industries. This course is designed for participants that have a need to enter and/or work in confined spaces as part of their regular duties. The confined space training course offers both blended learning, allowing you to study online and in-class, or classroom learning for full in-class training.
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Understanding current legislation and terms
- Definition and identification of a confined space
- Atmospheric volumes
- Working in accordance with procedures
- Effective communication in and around confined spaces
- Risk assessment / Job Safety Analysis permit system
- Understanding tag out / lock out and confined space isolation
- Understanding and demonstrating hazard reduction and risk assessment
- Entering and working in a confined space
- Reporting and record keeping
- Safety equipment
- Understanding and monitoring atmospheric testing equipment
- Tally boards
- Densities of gases
- Emergency response
- Exiting the confined space
Please note that although some information on atmospheric testing is covered in this course, you will not receive accreditation for Gas Test Atmospheres (as this is a separate unit). Please find further information on that course here.
Certification & Expiry
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for RIIWHS202E - Enter and Work in Confined Spaces. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
This unit of competency does not expire, but the industry recommendation is to take a confined space training refresher every 2 years.
Enrol Online For Confined Space Training Today
Earn your confined space ticket with our comprehensive training in the RIIWHS202E competency. To enrol online, add this course to your cart now. If you would like to find out more about our confined space training, please contact us today or feel free to give us a call on (08) 9528 8888.
The requirements to qualify for the confined space training ticket include:
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language.
- Must be able to enter and work in a confined space and on top of a platform (e.g. no claustrophobia or fear of heights).
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (entering and working within a confined space, ability to wear a harness and climb a ladder).
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots.
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The confined space training course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. We offer our comprehensive courses to companies and employees in construction from Perth to Mandurah. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. If you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training, please call us on (08) 9528 8888.
The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates. If you’d like to request a quote for this training course to be delivered on-site at your premises, call us on (08) 9528 8888 today.
Confined Space Training FAQs
What is a confined space ticket?
A confined space ticket covers the critical safety aspects of entering and working in confined spaces.
How long does a confined space ticket last?
Confined space tickets do not expire; however, most employers require they be updated every 2 years.
How much is confined space training?
Our training course for a confined space ticket costs $220 for a blended session, and $310 for a face-to-face classroom session. These prices include the MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres ticket.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.