Confined Space & Gas Testing Training Perth
CHOOSE YOUR LEARNING OPTION!
This nationally recognised course will allow you to achieve the RIIWHS202D -Enter and Work in Confined Spaces and MSMWHS217 - Gas Test Atmospheres competencies. The course covers the critical safety aspects of entering and working in confined spaces, and the testing of a working atmosphere to determine if it is safe for the proposed work. The confined space and gas testing training course is designed for any person who may be required to work in confined spaces and/or gas test atmospheres as a part of their work duties, or for those who are looking to enter this field of work.
- Understanding current legislation and terms
- Definition and identification of a confined space
- Working in accordance with procedures
- Determining atmosphere to be tested
- Work permits
- Safe and hazardous atmospheres
- Explosive ranges
- Selecting and calibration of equipment
- Testing and monitoring of equipment
- Identifying hazards and implementing controls
- Effective communication in and around confined spaces
- Risk assessment / Job Safety Analysis permit system
- Understanding tag out / lock out and confined space isolation
- Understanding and demonstrating hazard reduction and risk assessment
- Entering and working in a confined space
- Reporting and record keeping
- Safety equipment
- Understanding and monitoring atmospheric testing equipment
- Tally boards
- Densities of gases
- Emergency response
- Exiting the confined space
- Reporting and record keeping
- Maintenance procedures and cleaning
- Inspection and fault finding
Choose Your Learning Option
About blended learning
Blended learning uses a mix of learning and assessing strategies to deliver the most time-saving and cost-effective result. It is a combination of online learning and classroom training. When you select the blended learning option you will receive an email with your login details so you can begin learning immediately then you attend the classroom training where you complete your final practical assessment. By learning at your own pace, you can expect to complete online learning and assessment within 1 to 3 hours. The classroom time is 4 hours.
About classroom learning
The traditional classroom training and assessment delivers theory and practical aspects in a face to face setting. There is no online learning or assessment. The duration of this course is 1 day.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for RIIWHS202D - Enter & Work in Confined Spaces and MSMWHS217 - Gas Test Atmospheres. These are nationally recognised units of competency. The industry recommendation is for confined space and gas test atmospheres training to be refreshed every 2 years.
Enrol In Confined Space & Gas Testing Training Today
Become qualified in confined space and gas testing with our comprehensive training course. To enrol, add this course to your cart now. If you would like to find out more about our confined space & gas testing training, please contact us today or feel free to give us a call on (08) 9528 8888.
The requirements to qualify for the confined space and gas testing training include:
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language.
- Must be able to enter and work in a confined space and on top of a platform (e.g. no claustrophobia or fear of heights.
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (entering and working within a confined space, ability to wear a harness and climb a ladder).
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots.
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy, or numeracy issues.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.