TLILIC0008 Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
LEARN HOW TO OPERATE A NON-SLEWING CRANE!
Our CN (Non-Slewing) Crane course specifies the outcomes required to operate a mobile crane of greater than 3 tonnes capacity that incorporates a boom or jib which includes articulated type mobile cranes and locomotive cranes, but does not include vehicle tow trucks, for licensing purposes
No scheduled dates are currently available!
- Introduction and Legislation
- OHS Regulations
- OHS Act
- Definition of a slewing mobile crane
- Code of practice (prevention of falls from heights)
- Load Calculations
- Use and application of fibre ropes. Flexible steel wire ropes, chains, synthetic slings and lifting gear
- Requirements for certification under the National Standards
- Communication skills
- Safe Slinging and Lifting practices
- Selection and use of mobile cranes AS 2550
- The identification of workplace hazards and the application of appropriate hazard control measures
- Be able to establish the mass and dimensions of different loads to be lifted
- Learning, understanding and the application of appropriate methods of communication with the crane operator
- Plan a lift in conjunction with the crane operator and site supervisor
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for TLILIC0008 Licence to operate a Non-Slewing Mobile Crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity). You will also receive a high risk licence card issued by Worksafe WA. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency. There are additional WorkSafe licence application fees associated with this course. Worksafe application fee is payable on the day.
This unit of competency does not expire, but a Worksafe high risk licence is only valid for a maximum of 5 years.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must bring 2 forms of ID (1 x photo ID, 1 x other ID). Photo ID may include drivers licence, passport, proof of age card. Non-photo ID may include credit card, bank card, medicare card
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. physical work)
- Must have basic mathematical skills and knowledge to work out formulas
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course can be offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
Please enquire for pricing as this course is only run on demand at our premises. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible
workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the
Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.