TLILIC4010 Licence to Operate a Slewing Mobile Crane (up to 100 tonnes)
LEARN HOW TO OPERATE THE C1 CRANE!
Our C1 (Slewing) Crane course specifies the outcomes required to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 100 tonnes) for licensing purposes. It encompasses the requirement for the up to100 tonnes licence. This course requires the operator to plan the work, conduct routine checks, set up crane, transfer loads, mobile loads and shut down and secure the crane. Offered as a 1, 3 and 5 day course depending on experience.
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised & Worksafe WA approved!
- ✔ Real practical training!
- Introduction and Legislation.
- OHS Regulations.
- OHS Act.
- Definition of a slewing mobile crane.
- Code of practice (prevention of falls from heights).
- Load Calculations.
- Use and application of fibre ropes. Flexible steel wire ropes, chains, synthetic slings and lifting gear.
- Requirements for certification under the National Standards.
- Communication skills.
- Safe Slinging and Lifting practices.
- Selection and use of mobile cranes AS 2550.
- The identification of workplace hazards and the application of appropriate hazard control measures.
- Be able to establish the mass and dimensions of different loads to be lifted.
- Learning, understanding and the application of appropriate methods of communication with the crane operator.
- Plan a lift in conjunction with the crane operator and site supervisor.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for TLILIC4010 Licence to operate a Slewing Mobile Crane (up to 100 tonnes) (as shown below). You will also receive a high risk licence card issued by Worksafe WA. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
This unit of competency does not expire, but a Worksafe high risk licence is only valid for a maximum of 5 years.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must be over 18 years of age;
- Must bring 2 forms of ID (1 x photo ID, 1 x other ID). Photo ID may include drivers licence, passport, proof of age card. Non-photo ID may include credit card, bank card, medicare card;
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. physical work);
- Must have basic mathematical skills and knowledge to work out formulas;
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is run preferably on-site at your location using your own machine.
This course can only be offered at our premises (Rockingham, Western Australia) if the machine can be provided for the practical training (supplied by client or hire).
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered at either your premises or ours - Phone (08) 9528 8888.
Please note that costs will vary depending on duration of course required (determined by number of candidates on course and existing skill levels).