RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plan and RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with Stop-Slow Bat
LEARN HOW TO MANAGE & CONTROL TRAFFIC IN THIS FAST GROWING INDUSTRY!
Our 2-day Basic Worksite Traffic Management & Traffic Control course will enable participants to set up, monitor and pack away worksite traffic management sites in accordance with an approved Traffic Management Plan (TMP), Participants will also learn how to safely control traffic with a stop/slow bat in accordance with Main Roads WA requirements and meet outcomes. This course is appropriate for those working in operational roles at worksites within the civil construction, resources and infrastructure industries.
- ✔ Cost $550 per person
- ✔ Duration 2 days
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised & Main Roads WA approved!
- ✔ Real practical training in live traffic scenarios!
- Glossary of industry terms.
- Legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Traffic management plans.
- Site conditions and approval.
- Traffic tapers, cone spacing, roadworks and speed signs, 3m work rule, speed limits, placement of signs, allowances, road classifications.
- Dimension D.
- Worksite daily diary.
- Purpose of traffic control.
- Traffic control risks.
- Situations that require traffic control.
- Public relations and personal aspects.
- Releasing stopped traffic.
- Drivers who disobey directions.
- Approach speed.
- Placement of signs.
- Features of a stop/slow bat.
- PPE requirements.
- Traffic control setup.
- Priority vehicles.
- Two-way radios & communication techniques.
- Pre-start procedures.
- Emergency scenarios.
- Packing up the worksite.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a Main Roads WA approved statement of attainment and wallet card for RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plan and RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with a Stop/Slow Bat (as shown below). These are nationally recognised units of competency.
These units of competency do not expire, but it is a requirement of Main Roads WA that your BWTM & TC ticket be refreshed every 3 years if you are continuing to work in this field.
- Must hold statement of attainment for RIICOM201D Communicate in the Workplace.
- Must hold statement of attainment for RIIWHS201D Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures.
- Must hold valid driver’s license (learners permits and moped licenses not accepted).
- Must hold white card (blue card also accepted).
- Must hold USI number (visit http://www.usi.gov.au/ to apply for one).
- Please bring photo ID.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time.
- Please wear hi-vis long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots on both days.
- You will be refused entry to the course if you fail to attend in the correct clothing.
- Must have good verbal, reading and writing skills (see learner support).
- Please bring a bottle of water and hat/wet weather gear for outdoor practicals.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $550 per person. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.