RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
LEARN HOW TO WORK SAFELY AT HEIGHTS
Our 1-day Working at Heights course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to safely use fall prevention equipment when working at heights. This course is designed for participants currently working (or intending to work) at heights such as roofs, construction sites or similar. A Working at Heights ticket is often a pre-requisite set by employers for jobs in resources, construction and engineering industries.
- ✔ Cost $300 per person
- ✔ Duration 1 day
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised
- ✔ Real practical training working at heights!
- How to perform an inspection on fall prevention equipment prior to using.
- Hazard Identification, assessment & control.
- Determine when a piece of equipment should not be used and what to do about it.
- Differences in Fall Arrest & Fall Restraint systems.
- Correct fitting and adjusting of harnesses.
- How to select and anchorage point and how to safely use it.
- How to clean and store fall prevention equipment.
- Static lines, types, requirements and how to use them.
- Using Ladders & Work Platforms (scaffolds & EWP's).
- Industrial Rope Access Systems.
- Emergency Rescue Procedures.
- Relevant Australian Standards and Codes of Practice regarding fall prevention equipment and policies.
- Requirements when working on fragile roofs.
- Requirements when operating EWPs or working on Scaffolding.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights (as shown below). This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
This unit of competency does not expire, but the industry recommendation is for Working at Heights training to be refreshed every 2 years.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must be able to work on top of a platform (eg. no fear of heights);
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (ability to wear a harness and climb a ladder);
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $300 per person. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.