RIICCM202D Identify, Locate and Protect Underground Services and Dial Before You Dig
SAFELY IDENTIFY, LOCATE & PROTECT UNDERGROUND SERVICES PRIOR TO WORKS
DIAL BEFORE YOU DIG APPROVED COURSE
Our 2-day Identify, Locate and Protect Underground Services course covers the critical safety aspects of identifying, locating and protecting underground services and utilities prior to the commencement of works on site. This course is designed for participants who may come into contact with services such as water, power, gas, oil, communications, drains, stormwater or sewerage in their daily work duties.
- ✔ Cost $790 per person
- ✔ Dial Before You Dig Approved Course
- ✔ Duration 2 days
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised
- ✔ Real practical training using a locator!
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Hazard identification and controls
- Isolation and site requirements
- Select, check and use tools and equipment
- Identifying types of location devices
- Obtain details of service and utility locations
- Contacting service owners
- Search for services or utilities
- Moving, protecting and supporting services
- The 5 P’s of excavation
- Clearing the work area
- Checking, storing and maintaining equipment
- Reporting and record keeping
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for RIICCM202D Identify, Locate and Protect Underground Services (as shown below). This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Down to Earth would like to thank C.R.Kennedy Survey Solutions for their support and use of their equipment for this course.
Down to Earth uses and recommends the use of Leica detection systems for the location of underground services.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
The course is offered on-site at your location only. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $790 per person. Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
Please note that costs will vary depending on duration of course required (determined by number of candidates on course and existing skill levels).