MSMWHS217 Gas Test Atmospheres
LEARN HOW TO GAS TEST ATMOSPHERES TO ENSURE SAFETY FOR WORK
Our half-day Gas Test Atmospheres course covers the testing of a working atmosphere to determine if it is safe for the proposed work. Testing involves the use of electronic test apparatus (gas tester). In a typical scenario an individual may be required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or workspace.
- ✔ Duration 4 hours
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised
- ✔ Ideal for those working in confined spaces
- Understanding current legislation and terms.
- Determining atmosphere to be tested.
- Work permits.
- Safe and hazardous atmospheres.
- Explosive ranges.
- Selecting and calibration of equipment.
- Testing and monitoring of equipment.
- Identifying hazards and implementing controls.
- Reporting and record keeping.
- Maintenance procedures and cleaning.
- Inspection and fault finding.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for MSMWHS217 Gas Test Atmospheres (as shown below). This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
This unit of competency does not expire, but the industry recommendation is for Gas Test Atmospheres training to be refreshed every 2 years.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
Please enquire for a quote – Phone (08) 9528 8888. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.