CPCCLRG3002A Licence to Perform Rigging Intermediate Level
OBTAIN THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO BECOME AN INTERMEDIATE RIGGER!
Being an Intermediate Rigger means that your duties will include all those of a Basic Rigger plus additional rigging work such as rigging of cranes, conveyors, dredges, and excavators, multiple crane lifts, tilt slab construction and all hoists and mast climbers. Our 3-day course covers everything you need to know to become an Intermediate Rigger!
- ✔ Cost $840 per person
- ✔ Duration 3 days
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised & Worksafe WA approved!
- ✔ Real practical training!
- ✔ Pre-requisite to Advanced Rigging!
- Requirements for certification.
- Application of Australian and National Standards in relation to modules and units of competency: AS1891, AS2626.
- Personal and general safety.
- Tilt Up panels/slabs.
- Selection and use of mobile cranes: AS2550.
- OHS legislation (responsibilities of employers and employees).
- Act and Regulations.
- Code of practice (prevention of falls from heights).
- Erection of all hoists.
- Multi-Crane lifts.
- Plan and prepare work on site.
- Conduct inspections of boom or tower sections and all rigging equipment/gear before and after use, repairing if necessary.
- Prepare site for rigging work.
- Coordinate load movements with appropriate communication and signal methods given verbally, by whistle, two-way radio/telephone, light signals or hand signals, in and out of view of the crane/hoist operator.
- Identify workplace hazards and the application of appropriate hazard control measures.
- Move loads.
- Place and secure loads ensuring stability.
- Dismantle and remove boom or tower sections (reverse procedure using 26T Pin Jib Crane).
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for CPCCLRG3002A Licence to Perform Rigging Intermediate level (as shown below). You will also receive a high risk licence card issued by Worksafe WA. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
This unit of competency does not expire, but a Worksafe high risk licence is only valid for a maximum of 5 years.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must be over 18 years of age;
- Must bring copy of valid & current Worksafe Basic Rigging ticket (pre-requisite);
- Must bring 2 forms of ID (1 x photo ID, 1 x other ID). Photo ID may include drivers licence, passport, proof of age card. Non-photo ID may include credit card, bank card, medicare card;
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. physical work & ability to work at heights);
- Must have basic mathematical skills and knowledge to work out formulas;
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $840 per person, plus $115 Worksafe application fee. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.