CPCCLRG3001A Licence to Perform Rigging Basic Level
BECOME A BASIC RIGGER IN 5 DAYS!
Being a Basic Rigger means that your duties will include all those of a dogman and rigging work such the movement of plant and equipment, steel erection, operation of materials hoists up to 500kg W.L.L, placement of pre-cast concrete, installation of safety nets and static lines, perimeter safety screens and shutters, and cantilevered crane loading platforms. Our 5-day course covers everything you need to know to become a Basic Rigger!
- ✔ Cost $890 per person
- ✔ Duration 5 days
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised & Worksafe WA approved!
- ✔ Real practical training!
- ✔ Pre-requisite to Intermediate Rigging!
- Requirements for certification.
- Application of Australian and National Standards in relation to modules and units of competency: AS1891, AS2626.
- Code of Practice (prevention of falls from heights).
- General rigging appliances.
- Winches, sheaves and purchases.
- Harness inspection and applications.
- Cantilevered crane loading platforms.
- Handling pre-cast concrete.
- OHS Legislation (responsibilities of employers and employees) Act and Regulations.
- Personal and general safety.
- Safety line systems.
- Anchorage and fitting.
- Calculation of fleet angle, becket loads and lead loads.
- Erection of hoist and mast climbers.
- Industrial safety nets.
- Plan and prepare worksite.
- Conduct inspections of all rigging equipment/gear before and after use.
- Prepare site for rigging work.
- Harness inspection and applications.
- Co-ordinate load movements with appropriate communication and signal methods given verbally, by whistle, two-way radio/telephone, light signals.
- Using hand signals, in and out of view of the crane/equipment operator.
- Dismantle and remove load shifting equipment.
- Identify workplace hazards and the application of appropriate hazard.
- Steel erection.
- Erect a static line.
- Load measurements using chain blocks.
- Erect a powered purchase system.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for CPCCLRG3001A Licence to Perform Rigging Basic level (as shown below). You will also receive a high risk licence card issued by Worksafe WA. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
This unit of competency does not expire, but a Worksafe high risk licence is only valid for a maximum of 5 years.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must be over 18 years of age;
- Must bring copy of valid & current Worksafe Dogging ticket (pre-requisite);
- Must bring 2 forms of ID (1 x photo ID, 1 x other ID). Photo ID may include drivers licence, passport, proof of age card. Non-photo ID may include credit card, bank card, medicare card;
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. physical work & ability to work at heights);
- Must have basic mathematical skills and knowledge to work out formulas;
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $890 per person, plus $110 Worksafe application fee. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.