CPCCLDG3001A Licence to Perform Dogging
BECOME A DOGMAN IN 5 DAYS!
Our 5-day Dogging course covers the practical skills and theoretical knowledge required to become a Dogman including load assessment, sling selection, sling techniques, sling inspection, communication, load movement, understanding crane characteristics and capacities.
- ✔ Cost $745 per person
- ✔ Duration 5 days
- ✔ Face to face training
- ✔ Nationally recognised & Worksafe WA approved!
- ✔ Real practical training!
- ✔ Pre-requisite to Basic Rigging!
- Introduction and Legislation.
- OHS Regulations.
- OHS Act.
- Code of practice (prevention of falls from heights).
- Load Calculations.
- Use and application of fibre ropes. Flexible steel wire ropes, chains, synthetic slings and lifting gear.
- Requirements for certification under the National Standards.
- Communication skills.
- Safe Slinging and Lifting practices.
- Selection and use of mobile cranes AS 2550.
- The identification of workplace hazards and the application of appropriate hazard control measures.
- Be able to establish the mass and dimensions of different loads to be lifted.
- Learning, understanding and the application of appropriate methods of communication with the crane operator.
- Plan a lift in conjunction with the crane operator and site supervisor.
- Conduct inspections of all lifting equipment before and after use.
- Slinging techniques.
- Correct methods for the slinging of loads of different mass and shapes.
- Move loads.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for CPCCLDG3001A Licence to Perform Dogging (as shown below). You will also receive a high risk licence card issued by Worksafe WA. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
This unit of competency does not expire, but a Worksafe high risk licence is only valid for a maximum of 5 years.
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must be over 18 years of age;
- Must bring 2 forms of ID (1 x photo ID, 1 x other ID). Photo ID may include drivers licence, passport, proof of age card. Non-photo ID may include credit card, bank card, medicare card;
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. physical work);
- Must have basic mathematical skills and knowledge to work out formulas;
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: http://www.usi.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Adjustments to training can be made for participants with language, literacy and numeracy issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Rockingham, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred. Please enquire if you would like a quote or further information regarding on-site training – Phone (08) 9528 8888.
The cost to attend an in-house scheduled course at our premises is $745 per person, plus $115 Worksafe application fee. The CTF subsidy rate is available to eligible candidates.
Please request a quote if you would like to arrange this course to be delivered on-site training at your premises – Phone (08) 9528 8888.